‘ Those who are lucky enough to enjoy the sunny side of life should also help those who are less fortunate.’ Per Mertesacker
This is why the Per Mertesacker Foundation was born.
Per Mertesacker’s foundation supports socially disadvantaged children in and around Hanover, Germany, by encouraging them to take up sports. The foundation’s key focus are children from migrant families, those with learning difficulties or those with a socially deprived background.
- Children learn to work as a team and acquire important skills for life through football.
- Children who barely speak German learn the language.
- Children with physical disabilities are encouraged to gain confidence through sports.
- Children who struggle with maths and science at school are given support.
- Children who have not been very active are getting fit thanks to sports.